Hello Fire & Ice Formation Dancers!
Here you will find some links and imagery for costuming, practice videos, and the song you are dancing to for the Fire & Ice Newsome Twosome this January. I hope you find this helpful.
All costumes must be approved no later than 10 days prior to the performance. Please feel free to email Amy with any questions or catch us in the studio.
- Amy Schuldt (email@example.com)
Formation practice song
This is the full length version of the song. If anyone would like a copy of the final cut version of the song, a staff member would be happy to burn you a CD.
The "Fire" song is a cut from The Dark Knight soundtrack called "Introduce a Little Anarchy."
The "Ice" song is a cut from Alessandro Olivato's "Winter Waltz."
The final song is from A Game of Thrones called "Chaos is a Ladder."
We will film choreography as we go along and do our best to post it here for you all to view.
- DRESS: WHITE WHITE WHITE! White dress in any length, sleeve, and cut. You need to be able to kick, dip, and lift your arms comfortably. You could even add a petticoat underneath for more fluff as long as it's white.
- Pantyhose, dance fishnets, and appropriate undergarments must be worn. I recommend getting white dance shorts/boy shorts to go over your hosiery. No flashing people when you kick!
- SHOES: Nude or silver colored shoes, please! Any Latin or Smooth shoes in any heel height are acceptable.
- TOP: Long sleeve button down shirt in either red or orange. We are still debating which would be best. Please be sure that shirts stay tucked in when arms are raised over head.
- BOTTOM: Black latin/dance pants or nice black trousers.
- SHOES: Black dance shoes and black socks.
Where to shop
Be sure the check the easiest place first... YOUR OWN CLOSET! You may have something tucked away that is now useful again. You may even ask a friend, relative, or myself. The staff are always willing to lend out pieces for performances.
- DEPARTMENT STORES: Kohl's, JCPenny's, Target, Carson's, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Macy's, Von Maur, Gordman's
- RETAIL STORES: H&M, Express, Forever 21, Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Jos. A. Bank, Standing Ovation
- ONLINE STORES: Amazon.com, Groupon.com, Etsy.com