Hello Salsa Formation Dancers!
Here you will find some links and imagery for costuming, practice videos, and the song you are dancing to for the Havana Nights Showcase this September! I hope you find this helpful.
All costumes must be approved no later than 10 days prior to the performance. Please feel free to email Theresa with any questions or catch us in the studio.
- Amy Schuldt (firstname.lastname@example.org), Theresa MacAdam (email@example.com)
Formation practice song
This is the full length version of the song. You will not be dancing the whole 4 minutes! If anyone would like a copy of the final cut version of the song, a staff member would be happy to burn you a CD.
We will film choreography on Saturdays after the group as your teacher's will not have to jet off to lessons afterward.
- DRESS: Think 1950's "West Side Story" type dresses that have a classier look, not a "heading to the club" look. Knee or Tea length with any kind of sleeve is acceptable in one of the following colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Lime Green, Teal. Prints and different textures to the dress are acceptable as well, as long as it is mostly that one color. Who gets what color will be discussed during practice. See example pictures below.
- Pantyhose, tights, or fishnets, and appropriate undergarments must be worn.
- Any dance shoes are acceptable. Please, no nude colored shoes over dark hosiery.
- TOP: Long sleeve button down shirt in one of the following colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Lime Green, Teal. Who gets what color will be discussed during practice. Top button will be undone and sleeves will be rolled up. See example pictures below.
- BOTTOM: Black latin/dance pants or nice black trousers.
- Please be sure that shirts stay tucked in when arms are raised over head.
- Any dance shoes are acceptable. Please be sure you are wearing black socks!
Where to shop
The look we are going for is ...... I'd always like to keep the outfits inexpensive for you all, and also try to find things you may use or wear again.
Be sure the check the easiest place first... YOUR OWN CLOSET! You may have something tucked away that is now useful again. You may even ask a friend, relative, or myself. The staff are always willing to lend out pieces for performances.
- DEPARTMENT STORES: Kohl's, JCPenny's, Target, Carson's, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Macy's, Von Maur, Gordman's
- RETAIL STORES: H&M, Express, Forever 21, Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Jos. A. Bank, Standing Ovation
- ONLINE STORES: Amazon.com, Groupon.com, Etsy.com