Whether you want just a few lessons to make you feel more confident, or you envision a performance with a little more panache - the professional instructors at Arthur Murray can make your vision a reality. Let us help you put something together that is uniquely yours.
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS ON LEARNING TO DANCE FOR THE BIG DAY:
- Don't wait until the last minute! We recommend getting started four to six months before your wedding. Your first dance should be one of the most magical, intimate, and relaxed moments of your entire day. Getting started early will allow you ample time to practice and become as comfortable as possible.
- If you haven't chosen a song, don't worry! Oftentimes, couples will choose a song based on which dance they like the best. If you have a special song - AWESOME - bring it with you to your first lesson!
- Be patient when learning. Dancing is a great stress reliever and a fun date night, so don't put too much pressure on each other.
- Don't try to teach your fiance'! You'll both have a lot more fun dancing if you let your instructor do the teaching.
- Practice in the right shoes. Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you'll be wearing for your reception.
- Be consistent with your appointments. The more often you come in, the less review there will be on each lesson. Plan at least once or twice a week to get the most from your lessons.
- Use the group classes and practice parties when possible. Everyone feels most comfortable on a private lesson, but the groups and parties will be closer to what your reception will be like.
- Learning to dance for a wedding is a special gift that you and your spouse-to-be can give to each other. A couple who feels confident and poised when they dance together will ensure that their very first dance together as wife and husband will be a memory they will cherish forever.
Things We may want to know on your first lesson:
- What kind of music will you have at the wedding? (Popular, Country, Classical, etc.)
- Will a band or DJ play your first song?
- Will you have mother/son, father/daughter, or bridal party dance?
- Will your honeymoon have dancing? (Latin/Tropical getaway, Cruise, Big City Getaway, etc.)
- What is the size of the dance floor at your reception?
- How many other weddings will you attend this year?
Popular First Dance Songs:
- All of Me - John Legend
- Better Together - Jack Johnson
- Could I Have This Dance? - Ann Murray, Amy Grant
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) - Marvin Gaye, James Taylor, Michael Bublé
- Fascination - Nat King Cole
- Fly Me to the Moon - Multiple Artists
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Is This Love - Bob Marley
- It Had to Be You - Multiple Artists
- I've Got You Under My Skin - Multiple Artists
- Marry Me - Train
- Marry You - Bruno Mars
- Mirrors - Justin Timberlake
- My Girl - The Temptations
- Night & Day - Ella Fitzgerald
- Our Love is Here to Stay - Multiple Artists
- Smooth - Santana
- Stand By Me - Ben E. King, Prince Royce
- Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sherran
- Who You Love - John Mayer feat. Katy Perry