Whether you want just a few lessons to make you feel more confident, or you envision a performance with a little more panache - the professional instructors at Arthur Murray can make your vision a reality. Let us help you put something together that is uniquely yours.
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS ON LEARNING TO DANCE FOR THE BIG DAY:
- Don't wait until the last minute! We recommend starting four to six months before your wedding. Starting early will allow you ample time to practice and become as comfortable as possible.
- If you haven't chosen a song, don't worry! Oftentimes, couples will choose a song based on which dance they like the best. If you have a special song - AWESOME - bring it with you to your first lesson!
- Be patient when learning. Dancing is a great stress reliever and a fun date night, so don't put too much pressure on each other.
- Don't try to teach your fiance'! You'll both have a lot more fun dancing if you let your instructor do the teaching.
- Practice in the right shoes. Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you'll be wearing for your dance.
- Be consistent with your appointments. The more often you come in, the less review there will be on each lesson. Plan at least once or twice a week to get the most from your lessons.
- Use the group classes and practice parties when possible. Everyone feels most comfortable on a private lesson, but the groups and parties will be closer to what your reception will be like.
- Learning to dance for a wedding is a special gift that you and your spouse-to-be can give to each other. A couple who feels confident and poised when they dance together will ensure that their very first dance together as husband & wife will be a memory they will cherish forever.
Things We may want to know on your first lesson:
- What kind of music will you have at the wedding? (Popular, Country, Classical, etc.)
- Will a band or DJ be playing your first song?
- Will you have mother/son, father/daughter, or bridal party dances?
- Will you be dancing on your honeymoon?
- What is the size of the dance floor at your reception?
- How many other weddings will you attend this year?
Popular First Dance Songs:
- All of Me - John Legend
- Better Together - Jack Johnson
- Could I Have This Dance? - Ann Murray, Amy Grant
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) - Marvin Gaye, James Taylor, Michael Bublé
- Fascination - Nat King Cole
- Fly Me to the Moon - Multiple Artists
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Is This Love - Bob Marley
- It Had to Be You - Multiple Artists
- I've Got You Under My Skin - Multiple Artists
- Marry Me - Train
- Marry You - Bruno Mars
- Mirrors - Justin Timberlake
- My Girl - The Temptations
- Night & Day - Ella Fitzgerald
- Our Love is Here to Stay - Multiple Artists
- Smooth - Santana
- Stand By Me - Ben E. King, Prince Royce
- Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sherran
- Who You Love - John Mayer feat. Katy Perry